HP P1006 isn't recognized after reinst. OS

Closed
karo25 - Feb 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM
 cameron - Mar 24, 2009 at 02:16 PM
Hello,
I had to reinstal my OS and after hooking everything back to where it's supposed to be my hp printer P1006 isn't working. I have downloaded the drivers from online and still nothing, once I go into the setup software and the last step tells me to put the printer's usb int my comp I get stuck.
It's like I'm pluging in the usb and nothing, zero response. When I go to the printers I see my fax and others but not my printer.
WHAT TO DO??????
Related:

4 responses

No it's not a problem with the cable. I have the exact problem with my HP printer- 1610 all in one- and my mac os x isn't recognizing it. Any clue what I can do??
crazydellzz Posts 14 Registration date Wednesday August 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 5
Feb 24, 2009 at 03:16 AM
The first thing that you must check is wether the cable is in good shape. If it is not then you might consider changing it because it might be the reason why it is not being detected by your computer. Then you can try to see if the printer is well connected, from the printer port to the computer port.

Try this and then hit back at me please, I really want to know if this has solved your problem or not.
I have fixed it. I reinstalled everything that had to do with the hp, all the drivers everything!
went onto the hp site and downloaded the latest version of drivers for my vista and tried again. It worked just fine.
I FIGURED IT OUT.
it's that my OS X needed a newer version of the driver.

http://www.printcountry.com/drivers/HP_PSC_1610_DRIVER_DOWNLOAD.htm

You can find whatever driver you need on that website! Good luck!