Black Screen but sound?!

Closed
MistahYebba Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 16, 2013 - Aug 16, 2013 at 03:33 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Hey there!

I cracked my screen so I ordered a new one... Carefully repaired it and installed the new screen..

Got the common 'white screen' error, so I did everything that everyone says over and over again.. Hard reset, volume up, restore, reseat cables, etc, etc...

I took a break and 2 days later (today) I came back to try to fix it.. This time I wasn't even getting a white screen, just completely black. I found some other methods, like shorting the battery (with a screwdriver and hitting the 3rd battery solder point.. sparked like it's supposed to, etc, etc..

So my current problem is, just a complete black screen.. iTunes picks it up just fine, songs, playlists, photos in My Computer, everything is fine, makes sound when I plug it in, but still no screen displaying.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
-Yebba
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 21, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Hi Yebba,

This could be because of the Graphics Card (integrated on your laptop motherboard) failure or the LCD or its cable failure. To isolate the problem try connecting an external monitor to the computer and check if the video is good. If you get a clear picture on the external monitor this indicates the Video Card is good and the problem is with the LCD Panel.

Hope this will help you isolate the point of failure.