CD/DVD Rom Icon Not Display

Closed
Md Amzad Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2013 - Aug 17, 2013 at 05:10 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Dear sir,

I have a Dell Optiplex GX240 Desktop system first i will play a dvd/cd but after a long gap i could not play the cd when i insert a cd/dvd doesnot playing and in my computers there is missing the CD/DVD Rom icon what should can i do for recover the icon and how to find out which driver is missing

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Hi Md Amzad,

Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Verify that the optical drive is detected in the Device Manager. To check in the Device Manager:
a. Press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
b. Run dialog box will be displayed.
c. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
d. Expand "DVD/CD-ROM drives" and check if the Optical Drive is present in your computer.
2. If the Optical Drive is present in Device Manager, download and update the Optical Drive Firmware.
3. Click here to open the support site.
4. Enter the "System Service Tag Number" in the box below "Enter your Service Tag to get started" and click "Submit".
5. Under the "Removable Storage" section download the firmware for the Optical Drive present in the system.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6