Even people who have never played or owned a Nintendo 64 before, have probably heard of Super Mario 64 at some point in life. We are talking about the first Super Mario game in 3D, a title that forever revolutionized the platform games genre. Our beloved plumber Mario has to run, jump, and climb through 15 beautifully designed worlds throughout his quest to rescue Princess Peach, who finds herself kidnapped by the evil villain Bowser.
Once upon a time in the Super Mario universe, Princess Peach invites her friend Mario over to eat a delicious piece of cake that she has baked for him in her castle. When Mario arrives at the castle he soon discovers that something is not right. It appears that Bowser has invaded the place and he has imprisoned the princess. The only way to recover the princess is to collect all of the 120 Power Stars, which are hidden throughout the castle and being protected by Bowser's minions.
- Collect stars: You will find them scattered around the different levels and some can only be obtained after completing a series of challenges. Solve puzzles, compete in races, fight enemies, etc. Super Mario 64 is a game that simply can't get you bored.
- A mysterious castle: Initially, you won't have access to the entire place. That is why you need to search for Power Stars. After collecting specific amounts of Power Stars, you will be granted access to new areas of the castle, eventually leading you to the location of Bowser and Peach.
- Special abilities: Instead of the traditional Mario power-ups such as the Mushroom and Fire Flower, Super Mario 64 contains three special caps. The Wing Cap allows Mario to fly and to be shot from cannons, the Vanish Cap lets Mario walk through enemies and objects for 20 seconds, and the Metal Cap makes him invulnerable to enemies.
- New enemies Besides the classic villains of the saga, multiple new enemies are introduced in Super Mario 64. Among them, we find Chukyas, Mad Pianos, and Tweesters.
- Gigantic levels: The game has 15 main levels, ranging from the basement of the castle to the third floor. Furthermore, you will discover a series of secret levels, 3 Bowser levels, and several Secret Star locations.
Graphics and sound
This is a top-of-the-line platform game that we absolutely love. The graphics and sound of Super Mario 64 were considered groundbreaking at its time of release, pushing 64-bit console technology to its absolute limits.
Super Mario 64 is a solo adventure in which you have to beat a series of levels until you have freed Princess Peach from captivity.
What do the reviews say?
This game has a Metacritic rating of 94 out of 100.
"As the first true 3D platform game, the game does everything right. Super Mario 64 is a masterpiece in the truest sense of the word.” (All Game Guide)
Super Mario 64 has been rated with the PEGI 3 label. Thus, making it suitable for all audiences
How to install and play Super Mario 64?
Once you have downloaded the ROM, all you need to start playing Super Mario is to load it into a Nintendo 64 emulator software, such as Project64. This Mario 64 ROM is playable on virtually any operating system (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, etc.) as long as you have a compatible emulator.
- Super mario 64 free download
- Super mario 64 rom
- Super mario 64 download
- Kmspico free download > Download - Other
- Minecraft java edition free download > Download - Sandbox
- Windows 10 download 64-bit > Download - Windows
- Minecraft bedrock free download pc > Download - Sandbox
- Mario kart 64 rom > Download - Racing