Reset dell inspiron to factory settings w/o cd image or restore

Solved/Closed
Jburton31 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2013 - Sep 12, 2013 at 06:23 PM
 kathy - Dec 15, 2013 at 06:20 PM
I'm desperate to get my dell inspiron back to what it was like when I first got it. I have no system image or restore point and I only have the dell drivers and utilities disc. would be so grateful if anyone knew how to get an image from somewhere or knew if I could download anything to launch on turning on my laptop to reset it?

Thanks, jack
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 17, 2013 at 07:29 PM
Hi jack,

If you are in the US region, you can request the recovery media online for one time. Click here to know more.

If you are in a different region please reply with the exact region (country) you are located in and we will check for available support options.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Uk, cheers
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 18, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Hi jack,

I request you to private message me the service tag of the system, registered owners name, address, and primary/alternate contact numbers.

To private message, click my user name Zohaib R and click "Write a message".

Please allow me some time to reply with the solution. Kindly wait for reply in the forum after sending the private message.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Hi Jack is it OK to ask for your help... my dell inspiron 500 is not working properly like it's supposed to is there a way I can reset it to the factory condition as it was like when I first got it? Please I need your expertise it would really be a huge thing for me... thank you my name is Katherine. God bless
Sep 12, 2013 at 09:01 PM
Hi jack,

What is the exact System Model Number of your Dell Inspiron Laptop? Please reply so that I can check the available factory reset options for your laptop.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
Thanks & Regards

Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
Jburton31 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 at 07:39 AM
n5110, cheers