I got iBall Rocky make multimedia Headphone with mic. when connected from the front panel of 3 mm jack with my Desktop PC headphones play the sound/music but microphone dosent respond.
Also used microphone set-up wizard but no success also used find and fixed audio recording problem wizard but it says " Microphone or headset unplugged " where as i get the sound/music from headset but no response from microphone.
I got Windows 8 OS
I have checked all the option in my device manger - sound, recoding devices, Playback device but still it is not responding.
Have you tried using the headphones with another computer? If the microphone works fine with other computers, please update the audio drivers and then check. If you have difficulty finding the audio drivers, please reply with the Device Instance ID of the sound card. To get the Device Instance ID:
1. Press and hold the Windows Key and then press the R key on the keyboard to launch Run Dialog Box.
2. Type "devmgmt.msc" and hit "Enter".
3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers" and check what device is listed here. If the sound card is not listed here, expand the "Unknown Devices"/"Other devices" and check.
4. Double click the listed Audio Card.
5. Click the "Details" tab.
6. Select Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id (whichever is available for your version of Windows) from the drop down box.
7. Make a note of the Device Instance Path or Device Instance ID and add this in your reply.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
All the drivers on the website are good for Windows 8 32-bit Operating System. Check your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) name on the left side or the Motherboard Manufacturer's name and you can download the driver which has the latest date of release. You can watch these videos for help:
Thank you for providing the Model Number of the Motherboard. I have checked your motherboard has 6-ch HD audio. I don't think there is any problem with the motherboard or driver. Have you tried using any other microphone with this computer?