Auto Generate Worksheet from a List

Closed
Hayley8976 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2013 - Oct 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Hi

Can anybody help me please..........:-)

I am trying to set up a "defect register" in an excel worksheet whereby information inputted into a table on worksheet 1 (Basingstoke) is used to create and fill in a template worksheet (DefectIssueSheet) with the contents of column A used as the title of the new sheet produced.

Could anybody please tell me how I can write a Macro that auto-generates and labels a worksheet for every defect item in the list (A6:A60 on the first sheet) and have each sheet be a copy of the "DefectIssueSheet" template?

Many Thanks in advance for any given

Hayley
Related:

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Hi Hayley,

Here you go:

Sub RunMe()
Dim x, lRow As Integer

x = 5
lRow = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

Do
x = x + 1
Sheets("DefectIssueSheet").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("A" & x).Value
Loop Until x = lRow

End Sub

Best reagrds,
Trowa
Hayley8976 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 16, 2013
Oct 16, 2013 at 04:19 AM
Thanks Trowa

I think that I have obviously set my defect issue sheet template up wrong as the new worksheets created for the list are using the first line of information contained in the list.

Is there a way of ensuring that the whole line of infomation is used to input the relevant cells of the template defect issue sheet? For example column A of the "Basingstoke" Sheet should be used to fill cell C3 of the "defectissuesheet", column B of the "Basingstoke" sheet should be used to fill cell L3 of the "DefectIssueSheet", column C of the "Basingstoke" sheet should be used to fill cell C4 of the "DefectIssueSheet" etc

Many Thanks

Hayley
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Hi Hayley,

Don't know what comes after "etc" but the following code covered the 3 cell locations:
Sub RunMe()
Dim x, lRow As Integer

x = 5
lRow = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row

Do
x = x + 1
Sheets("DefectIssueSheet").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("A" & x).Value
ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("A" & x).Value
ActiveSheet.Range("L3").Value = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("B" & x).Value
ActiveSheet.Range("C4").Value = Sheets("Basingstoke").Range("C" & x).Value
Loop Until x = lRow

End Sub

Best regards,
Trowa