Help with Time, and Alert Formula

Closed
RickQAS Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2013 - Nov 14, 2013 at 02:31 PM
 RickQAS - Jan 6, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Hey all..
New to the forum, so please be gentle.. hehe

I working in a busy office/communications orientated job, and I am wanting some help with a formula, if possible, that looks at the current real time, and if the current time equals the time in a particular cell, a pop-up Reminder Alert comes up (and flashes maybe)..

EG: If I put into cell B3 the time of 08:45, at the exact real time of 08:45 an Alert Pops up..

Or Again, If I put into cell B3 the time of 08:45, at 1 minute before the real time of 08:45 an Alert Pops up..

The input time into a cell will be changed daily, depending on different shifts, and different required reminders, so the formula does need to be flexible...

Oh I am also new to Macro's etc, so if you can guide me through that it would be greatly appreciated... Thx

Hope this all makes sense, and thank you so much in advance..

Cheers Rick..
Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Nov 15, 2013 at 06:29 PM
What you seek seems to be doable. One point you need to keep in mind is how many cells it needs to check and how frequently. Here is a similair issue, see if you it gives you some help

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-284806-codes-for-reminder-creation-in-excel-vba
Had a go... And cant seem to get it to work??

As I'm new with Excel, I dont know exactly how to write all the formula's etc..

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in Advance.. :-)