Inspiron 1525 won't run DVDs or register them at all

Closed
fixitforme Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 16, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2013 - Dec 16, 2013 at 03:06 PM
nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014 - Dec 16, 2013 at 03:38 PM
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, and about a year ago it fell about a metre off a sofa arm rest. The main profile corrupted and the disk drive stopped working around the same time, although I am not 100% sure if the events are connected.

When I enter a game (the Sims 2 for example), the CD drive makes noises and the light is on and although it sounds a bit loud in parts, it is fine, and then it stops. Nothing comes up on screen, and the computer control panel says that there is nothing in the disk drive. No notice comes up at all. The CD drive light turns off, it goes quiet and nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling the disk drive, reinstalling drivers, installing updates, altering the registry for the CD drive. I have tried so many things, I am unsure what to try next.

Anyone know how to fix it?

1 response

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Dec 16, 2013 at 03:38 PM
It sounds like a serious problem i don't believe that it is a update or driver problem your cd reader might have got a little disconnected or loosened.
You should get it to a shop and tell them about the problem.
But you can also take a risk if you know what your doing just see if the cd/dvd reader is not loosen maybe the cable or some screws have been loosened so check if any screws or wires are lose its not that hard.