HIBERNATION

Closed
wayne3740 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2014 - Feb 5, 2014 at 06:38 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 12, 2014 at 01:59 PM
I HAVE A HP 6700 LAPTOP THAT IS IN HIBERNATION AND WILL NOT WAKE UP. WHEN YOU PLUG THE POWER CORD INTO THE COMPUTER A LIGHT WILL COME ON WHERE YOU PLUG THE CORD INTO THE COMPUTER AND A LIGHT COME ON SHOWING THAT THE BATTERY IS CHARGING AND THAT IS ALL.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 5, 2014 at 07:15 PM
Ok, Hang in there.

First, what was the last show you saw, because you are still yelling at us? Please try not to use ALL caps, as if everything is on the page is highlited, it just might as well be in yellow ink!

Try this first:
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-493479-laptop-will-not-turn-on-power-light-is-on#q=Laptop+won%27t+power+up+but+power+light+comes+on&cur=1&url=%2F

Basically, don't start until you have read the whole instruction, and understand what you are trying to do!

Unplug your laptop from the wall. Unplug your cord from your laptop. Turn your laptop over and take out your battery! If you find the revious step to be uneasy, then please take to local repair. If you are all right with taking it out, then do so. Now, turn it back over, and press & HOLD THE POWER BUTTON down for 30 seconds! Count it out!

Put the battery back in, Go ahead and flip it over if it would make it easier!

Plug the Cord back in, then plug it into the wall! DID YOU PLUG IT INTO THE WALL FIRST? BETTER NOT HAVE!

GooD!

Now try it. Let us know.

I will explain if it fixes it!
I have done all of the things that you said.
Blocked Profile
Feb 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM
......And the result is?
what did you mean when you said i had better not had plug into the wall first.
Blocked Profile
Feb 11, 2014 at 09:17 AM
well, you do not want to energize the pack until it is in the laptopfirst. I hope that clarifes that step, as it was confusing.
what would happen if you did'nt follow ths procedure.i have unplug it and removed the battery and discharge it so many times that it could have happen.