- Sata does not show on Bios windxp Sp3 clean reinstall
- SATA HDD not detected in bios. But sometimes it does. ✓ - Forum - BIOS
- Windows xp sp3 sata - How-To - Operating Systems
- One of my SATA HDD did not showed up in Bios and hang on booting ✓ - Forum - BIOS
- Compaq presario cq61 bios sata ✓ - Forum - BIOS
- Sata hard drive not detected in bios or setup ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
As you found this solution is not an option on some laptops. In that case you can try loading the AHCI driver when Windows asks you to install RAID drivers. The trick is finding a suitable AHCI. The correct driver will depend on the laptops hardware.