Disable Latitude E6510 Battery Charging

Closed
Blocked Profile - Feb 14, 2014 at 08:36 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 14, 2014 at 09:40 PM
Hello,

Hi,

i would like to know if there is any way to disable battery charging for my dell Latitude E6510 laptop while plugged in. I want to do this so as to get the energy from the power network while keeping my battery steady. And in case of power failure(thus the energy from the power network will be shut down) the battery will keep my laptop active.

I have heard about btmeter which during install gives me the message that the emsc.dll is missing.

Next i tried to find the quickset program that i have heard is distributed from dell but could not find a version for my Latitude E6510 laptop. cbattery.co.uk/dell-latitude-e6510-battery.html

Is there anyway finally to disable my battery charging when my laptop is plugged in?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 14, 2014 at 09:40 PM
I want to do this so as to get the energy from the power network while keeping my battery steady. And in case of power failure(thus the energy from the power network will be shut down) the battery will keep my laptop active.

The above is exactly what will happen if you use the laptop just as delivered from Dell. It will keep the battery fully charged and use it if there is not power from the plug.