Deleted virus files but problem remained

Closed
priynk Posts 8 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 22, 2014 at 10:59 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 22, 2014 at 01:11 PM
hello

i am trying to format my pc (xp) by using a bootable cd but when i did a message appeared
that you can not delete this partition because it contains temporary file which are required to install windows.
plz tell me what is wrong ?

thanx in advance
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:32 AM
ok, slow down.....

Do you understannd how to provision disks for instaling and running an O/S?

You should not be deleting partitions. More than likely, you have two partitions, one is the main, the other is the "ghost" of your machine, that the first needs access to in order to rebuild.

If you are going to delete a parttion, make certain that you provision the deleted space back into a valid parttion, or you are wasting space.

Where did you get the idea to format an XP disk? Why?
Please post back, I am curious.
priynk Posts 8 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM
my system was getting restarted again again with a massage that system is recovered from a serious error i looked for virus (using avast anti virus) and deleted some but problem remained so tried to re install windows xp but (it did not removed completely because there was no need to install drivers again and all data was there ) still its restarting again with the same massage .
Blocked Profile
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM
If you dealing with a virus, rebuilding your o/s is not how to handle it. I would suggest renaming your question title into something with virus in it. There are people that re virus pros here, and it it perceived that you have a hadware issue, when you have an infection. Let me know if you need help naming. :)
priynk Posts 8 Registration date Saturday February 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
what kind of of hardware problem ?
Blocked Profile
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM
first of all, sp3 is the current OS, so if you are going back to sp1, then be certain to get both VITAL upgrades. Update to SP3 before suport runs out in april or may of this year!
Feb 22, 2014 at 01:06 PM
i dont understand first you said this is a hardware related problem now you are suggesting me to
upgrade to sp3 how it will help me with restarting problem