Automatically fill rows in Excel

Closed
azvos Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 - Mar 27, 2014 at 06:07 PM
azvos Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014 - Mar 27, 2014 at 08:02 PM
Hello,
I have an excel file with the following values:

Ico SONY SONY

The next time I would write for e.x. "Ico" I want the excel file to fill automatically (or by drag and fill) the two cells on the right of ICO with the value (SONY) .

I would be grateful if anyone could help with that.

Thank you in advance.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 27, 2014 at 07:44 PM
Ok, I will field this. I will WIRE frame a design for you. I will not author any code, you can script kiddie that together once you have an idea of what the whole process should be!

Write a peice of code that says:
Anytime I make a change to the sheet, check to see if it equals some value.
Allocate some memory for it.
If the value does satisfy the test, then check to see what row the input was on. Store it in a variable. Once the variable is known, add some columns to the actual cell, and input what ever value you wish.

Post some code on what you get stuck with, and we can help. A hint to the mystery, everything I have described, can be found within this forum. Please, I encourage you to keep at it!

Have fun.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
azvos Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2014 at 08:02 PM
Thank you