Programs run in task manager but it doesn't display the window

Closed
CastilloJc Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 3, 2014 - Apr 3, 2014 at 06:31 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 4, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Hi
So I started my computer normally but when I try to access some programs it won't run properly. The task manager displays that it is currently running but there is no window being displayed. I tried to scan my computer using "Malwarebytes" because of possibilities of containing virus but it doesn't show any window popping out but still, it can be seen on the task manager running. I tried scanning through eset smart security but it doesn't find any threat and another problem is that I cannot access the internet so I used my friends laptop to search for answers.
I had already tried using Msconfig.exe and tried to run a clean boot. I disabled all services except microsoft services, rebooted but it still won't run some programs.
I had booted to safe mode to see if runs but it still won't open.

Some programs that runs are:
Eset Smart Security
Google Chrome
NotePad

Programs that doesn't run are
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware

Folders and files are still there and I can still access them.
hoping for your help :(
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Apr 4, 2014 at 04:23 PM
Hello

If you boot in safe mode with networking can you access Internet and launch your browser?