Template sheet with changing variables

Closed
Krezyle Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2009 - Mar 5, 2009 at 09:25 PM
kioskearocks Posts 21 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2009 - Mar 7, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Hi,
I am working on a project where I need to make county data sheets for an entire state with different data in each because of the changing data of the counties. The sheets are going to be printed out so I made a template sheet in excel of what they should look like and spent the last week going blind on data entry into the master sheet that holds all the data to be extrapolated. The template sheet has variables where they need to be (an example of one is ="How important is such and such in "&$'All Land Data'.B2&" County?") And there's quite a few variables throughout the sheet, here's my problem.

I need to make a sheet for each of the 70 or so counties that I'm doing from that same template, and I don't want to copy the initial sheet 70 times and then go through each of the variables changing the number 2 to 3 and 2 to 4 and so on. Is there a way to make a each sheet automatically, or at least if I copy the template original sheet 70 times to make all the variables in each sheet go down a row to the next number in the column? The counties and data are all in rows and then the data is the columns. There are also two pie graphs to be in each sheet, but again they are all the same, its only the data as variables (first sheet c2 d2 e2, second sheet c3 d3 e3) that's going to change. Any way I can do this without spending a week changing numbers and copying sheets. Your help will be savored and greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

kioskearocks Posts 21 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 17, 2009 44
Mar 7, 2009 at 12:58 AM
hi, i think you need to use macro for this.
try this link to get help:
https://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/variables.htm