Can't Browse Webpages, but can Access Skype

Closed
Rukris Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2014 - Sep 5, 2014 at 07:12 AM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hey guys, for some strange reason I haven't been able recently to access any webpages, however my Skype works and I can still log into steam (can't play games or update them tho). I've been googling and looking up solutions to my problem but seem to have come to no avail. I've tried using this solution:
"1. Open Network and Dial-up Connections
2. Right Click on connection and select 'Properties'
3. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
4. Click 'Properties'
5. Click on 'Advanced'
6. select Tab DNS
7. add route DNS IP (192.168.X.X)"

but that didn't fix my problem. Also I've tried doing this:

"Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be displayed in

the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer

Good Luck."

but that also hasn't helped. I also tried chaning my DNS to googles ping (8.8.8.8). As well as pinging random IP's (such as google and amazon) and have come to no avail. Intrestingly enough, when I put the IP of amazon (176.32.98.106) into my browser the web page loads, however with no images.

I've also used the anti virus AVG to scan my computer but it finds nothing. I assume it is a DNS problem, but I haven't been able to ping anything and not receive 100% packet loss.

Also I live on a college campus and use their WiFi. I'm the only one with this problem seemingly, with both my devices my laptop and my desktop. Whenever I use my phones 3g as the internet, I can access everything just fine. It's only when I am on my campus internet I receive problems. Thanks in advance guys :X
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Ok, first of all DNS is ISP specific. If you do not know what the DNS is, set the primary as your gateway, in this case 192.168.X.X, and secondary as 4.2.2.2.

Try that.