Why can't i access any vpn website to buy a vpn?

Closed
kaibritton Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 8, 2022 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2022 - Mar 8, 2022 at 03:48 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 - Mar 8, 2022 at 05:39 PM
Hello, so i've had this issue for literally years now. I can't access any vpn websites, every site is blocked on both my computer and phone. with the phone I'm not sure if it's to do with EE personal blocking things like that. But with my desktop it just doesn't make sense to me why it would be blocked. As you can guess im not that tech savvy, but there's gotta be a way i can access these sites so i can finally get a vpn. If anyone can help i would be grateful.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 99.0.4844.51
Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Mar 8, 2022 at 05:39 PM
Hi,

As you encounter this issue on both of your devices and assuming you're connected to the same WiFi network, I think your current DNS server is blocking you from accessing VPN sites.

You can try changing your default DNS server - normally your ISP's DNS server - to see if that solves the issue. If you don't know what's a DNS, see this Wikipedia page.

To change the DNS server on your computer, go to Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change adapter options. Right-click on your WiFi/Ethernet adapter and select Properties.

Next, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button. In the General tab, check Use the following DNS server addresses.

We'll use the Cloudflare DNS server. Enter the following addresses:
  • Preferred DNS server: 1.1.1.1
  • Alternate DNS server: 1.0.0.1

Check Validate settings upon exit and click Ok.

Now try accessing any VPN site from your computer.

Hope this helps.

Good luck