-
Registration date
Wednesday September 24, 2014
Status
Last seen
September 27, 2014
-
Hi I'm a new member.
I have a inspiron 1525, with Vista Home Premium. The space bar only works when I tap on it just at the bottom of the letter B on the keyboard.
I've done the the stick key thing in ease of access and unclicked those items that may cause this phenomenon. But it's still the same. Help.

Thanks
Orssi

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Hello

Your laptop has taken a lot of use and Dell discontinued it.

My guess is that your keyboard has gathered filt and need a good cleaning job. I suggest you see a technician.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 27, 2014

Hi it's me Orssi
I have since found a friend who has solved it for me. He took the space bar off the keyboard and put it back on. It was very fiddly getting it back on and took 45 minutes. It now works
I would not recommend you do that, as you will need a whole shed load of patients
Good Luck
Orssi
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 7, 2021
Hello Orsi,

Well I'm glad you solved the problem. Indeed, taking it apart, cleaning it and reassembling is a zen monk"s work. There was a book entitiled "Zen and motorcycle maintenance". There could be a new one: "Zen and laptop keyboard cleaning". Please write it and I may buy it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards
Registration date
Status
Last seen
September 27, 2014

Hi Ambucias

That's funny, a great comment. I had actually read 40 years ago Zen and the Art of motorcycle maintenance.

Beast Regards

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!