Added visual components, such as a progress bar, can make your PowerPoint presentations much more appealing to viewers. A progress bar will show the status of the current slide in relation to the total number of slides in a presentation. Inserting a progress bar must be done via macro. This article will explain you how to do.
How to add progress bar to PowerPoint presentation?
- A progress bar is usually placed at the bottom of your PowerPoint slide, keeping it subtle in regards to the rest of your content.
- To insert the bar, head over to Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor.
- In the window that opens, select Insert > Module, and then insert this text into the blank page:
Sub AddProgressBar() On Error Resume Next With ActivePresentation For X = 1 To .Slides.Count .Slides(X).Shapes("PB").Delete Set s = .Slides(X).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, _ 0, .PageSetup.SlideHeight - 12, _ X * .PageSetup.SlideWidth / .Slides.Count, 12) s.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(127, 0, 0) s.Name = "PB" Next X: End With End Sub
- Next go to File > Close > Return to PowerPoint. You will be brought back to your presentation.
- Now head to Tools > Macro > Macros. Select AddProcessBar and press Execute. A progress bar should now be displayed:
How to remove progress bar from PowerPoint?
If you'd like to remove your progress bar from your PowerPoint presentation, simply head back to your module and replace this code:
Set s = .Slides(X).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, _ 0, .PageSetup.SlideHeight - 12, _ X * .PageSetup.SlideWidth / .Slides.Count, 12)
with the following:
Set s = .Slides(X).Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 0, 0, 0, 0)
Run the macro to remove your progress bar.
- Powerpoint progress bar
- Progress bar powerpoint
- How to add progress bar in powerpoint
- Deleting a progress bar from PowerPoint presentation [solved] > Forum - PowerPoint
- How to insert Reading Progress indicator in Microsoft Word .docx > Forum - Word
- Opera - Display the progress bar as a pop-up
- Vertical scroll bar missing in Microsoft Word: right hand > Guide
- Which of the following is the action button in the powerpoint > Guide
- How to create a summary slide in PowerPoint?
- Convert picture to shape in Powerpoint
- Apply the moderate effect SmartArt style in Powerpoint
- Crop in Powerpoint: custom shape, picture to circle, etc.
- Powerpoint reverse animation: path, zoom
- Powerpoint bullet list: into animation, SmartArt graphic
- How to add background music to PowerPoint?
- How to modify SmartArt in powerpoint
- How to rearrange slides in Powerpoint: Windows, macOS