i have tried just now what you said but sound does not come from headphones ... headset is ok but in playback devices my headphones are not shown.. there is only speakers as default playback device. further help will be appreciated
1. From the Start screen press the "Windows Key" + X. If you have a mouse, right click the bottom left side of the screen.
(If windows 7 find device manager in control panel)
2. Select "Device Manager" from the menu that appears.
3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".
4. Right Click the device listed here.
5. Click "Uninstall".
6. Restart the computer and check if the audio jack is working.