Toshiba severely stuck in reboot mode... help!

Closed
kerrianned Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2014 - Nov 10, 2014 at 05:13 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 14, 2014 at 05:08 AM
Hello.... I have been having problems for the last few months with my Toshiba, Windows Vista Home Edition. It just shuts down and reboots at random. At first, I thought it was because it was getting too hot. I'm always plugged in because the battery only lasts for about four minutes. Got myself a bakers cooling rack and a little personal fan... no luck. If I got it to boot up and pulled up a solitaire game, oddly, it would stay on. If I LOCKED the screen, it would also stay on. If I LOGGED OFF, it would go into the crazy reboot process.

Today, I finally had enough.... decided something was seriously wrong with it and broke out the recovery disc. My laptop is now perpetually stuck in reboot mode.
It was in the middle of reformatting the first time it shut down and now, I am able to get through all the prompts, until I hit the last "OK" and it reboots again!
Yes, the computer was always up to date, with no failed updates logged.

ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome!
Related:

2 responses

letsdothis Posts 48 Registration date Tuesday October 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 7, 2015 2
Nov 13, 2014 at 02:18 PM
You try a manual reset Google it I think you hold down the power button and push a another key. And try this unplug ac take out the battery plug ac back in hold down the power button down for 49sce. Some times this will reset you pc.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 14, 2014 at 05:08 AM
Hi, Kerrian

Why did you decide that it was a temperature issue? If the laptop is too hot on touch it may require some dust cleaning. Could you try entering in Safe Mode? You can even try The Last known good configuration that worked, which can be accessed through the Advanced Boot menu. You can reach it by pressing F8 at start up. Anyways, this is a software solution. If you suspect a hardware issue, provoking the heat problem, you should consult a technician.

Hope this helps