TEACHER IN NEED!!!!

Closed
etackett03 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2014 - Nov 13, 2014 at 07:18 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Nov 15, 2014 at 05:46 AM
Hello! Let me start by saying I only know BASICS about excel. I mean, I am proud of myself for finding the average of a few cells! That being said, I have created a gradebook for my grade level to help us track the data of our students. This spreadsheet breaks down our tests by Common Core standard. There are 9 standards on each test. Basically each student has 9 grades that are calculated by percentage.

Our goal would be for each class to have a separate sheet in the book that would break down the data for us. We would like to know exactly which students mastered (76% and above), partially mastered (70-75%), and did not master (74% and below) each standard. We would love to be able to input the data into the first sheet, which contains all of the classes, and this data transfer into individual sheets where the teacher can easily see how the students performed on each standard.

First, is this possible? Could our life really be made that simple? Or this is just unrealistic. I know excel can work wonders, but I don't know if this is too much! I have no idea how to attach a file or I would so you could look at our spreadsheet.

Again, I don't know the first thing about it so I would actually need someone who is willing to help out a bunch of tired, overworked and underpaid teachers out of the kindness of their heart!! I am positive I would not understand your directions!
Related:

2 responses

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:27 PM
etackett03, Good evening.

"...I have no idea how to attach a file or I would so you could look at our spreadsheet..."

Save your file, with sufficient data for a better understanding, on a free website, www.speedyshare.com and put the link here to download.

Also place, manually, as would be the expected result.

I'm sure many helpers appear to solve this doubt.
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Nov 15, 2014 at 05:46 AM
it is possible in excel, but if you have Access, it would be better. Idea would same in both case, one data entry form/sheet. that would copy that stuff of appropriate sheet/area