Excel File is corrupt.

Closed
HawkinYellow Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2014 - Dec 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM
NikkiTum Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2014 - Dec 27, 2014 at 06:05 AM
I hope one of the experts here will be able to save the files, which are very necessary for my work. My excel file became corrupt for very obvious reason..my little brother just deleted it(( it was no intentionally, but i`m still disappointed. I have tried to recover it with some program. The file appeared - everything is ok, at first sight. But it doesn`t want to open. I get an error message: Excel cannot open the file because the file format or file extension is not valid...File is corrupt.
So, maybe anyone know how to solve this problem. I will be very appreciate for any advise.
Related:

2 responses

NikkiTum Posts 1 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2014 1
Dec 27, 2014 at 06:05 AM
Try opening the file in other programs that can open spreadsheets.... Open Office, Libre Office or whatever they call it.

And check temporary office excel files, it must be solution. In this case if it doesn`t work, you should use other methods for recovery. Probably, your excel file is seriously corrupted and you need third party solution to get it back.

You also may try some powerful methods like checking your backup files or make system restore.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 25, 2014 at 04:11 PM
Try this

Go to where the file is stored
Click right and select properties
Check the file extension, if need be, change it to excel and try to open the file.

If the abobe does not work,
Under the general tab, under open with, select modify. Select word pad.

You will not have an excel file but you may be able to see the data

Good luck