I use mac and suddenly I can't open my flash drive

Closed
nawafsaad Posts 1 Registration date Saturday January 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2015 - Jan 10, 2015 at 07:28 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 12, 2015 at 09:06 PM
Hello geeks,

I have a problem happened to me today while I was working on my paper after finish I saved it in my flash drive, later today I tried to open it again but it is not working, however it shows me files contains inside?!! how can I show them again I really need them please someone help me.

I am using mac, the flash drive show me nothing nothing when I open it.
I also just discover that I have alot of files with extension:CHK?? what are these and how can I get my files back.

Please help.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 12, 2015 at 09:06 PM
Hello,

it sounds like a check disk has been run on your memory stick.

your drive will have had a "dirty bit" flag set on in marking it as dirty. Probably down to incorrect removal or failing to read/write.

the CHK files are files recovered by a check disk. Unfortunately, it doesn't recover the correct file extension.

There are file converters out there you can use to covert these CHK files back to what they were. However, you'd need to know what file type you're covering.

eg. If they're all word documents then all you'd need is a program to convert CHK to .doc or .docx.