Unstable DSL; No noise over phone line

Closed
jithinpkd - Jan 26, 2015 at 10:48 AM
jithinpkd Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2015 - Jan 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM
I have been complaining to BSNL officials for many weeks about the slow speed on BSNL BB. After long waiting they called me they have changed my port and now the speed wil be ok. They told that the user name and password have also changed. Earlier my userid starts with "id" and now it starts with "ic". They told me to change the username and password in modem. But after changing it there is no dsl light in my modem. I again called upon BSNL and they told that it may be cable fault. But line man came and told that there is no fault in line. No noise over the phone also.
When I try to connect it all of a sudden it got connected. Then I reboot the modem and it went back to old stage. I noticed a change in my ip address. Now it starts with 117. Earlier it was 59. Checked with another modem. Then also no change.
For last one week I cant connect to broadband. DSL keeps on blinking. Iam using iBall modem with 675ULD Plan.
Please help. It's very urgent. Even BSNL people also cant find the reason

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Then cancel your service. It is their problem. If they cannot connect you to consume their network, then cancel it! POINT BLANK!

Make 100% certain the problem is not with your internal wire, as it may be possible the PORT was changed to another protocol that operates at a higher frequency. This frequency may not be able to be reproduced on your OLD and outdated INTERNAL wiring. If you have had your phone lines in your your house for over 8 years, then more than likely, the modem will synch and browse at the side of the house, but once you cannot all of the phone wires in, the signal; is not synched. Remove all phone wires from the outside DEMARC except for the one connected to the jack the modem is one. Try to synch just that way. If it starts to synch and work, then you need your wiring replaced in order to use the new PROTOCOL that your ISP is delivering to your house.

There is no help , we as volunteers, can give you if YOUR CARRIER is NOT WILLING OR ABLE to help you.

Sorry, it is not the answer you wish to have, but you really need to LEAN HARD on your ISP!
jithinpkd Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2015
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I too want to change my ISP. But unfortunately BSNL is the only ISP in my area.
Yes. I think you are right. They have changed my connection to a higher frequency. In India BSNL is the biggest ISP. they have two ports. Namely NIB I & NIB II. Where NIB II is more faster than NIB I. for the first one ip address start with 59 and for the second one ip starts with 117.
As of now my ip starts with 117.

I checked by disconnecting phone and gave direct connection to modem. Then also adsl is not synchronizing. The wiring is just two years old. My modem is 1 year old & it supports 24mbps down and 3.5up. There is no visible issue at my side.

I doubt a synchronizing problem at their side. Don't know weather the network card at the BSNL office is synchronized with the line, as they told that they have changed the port. This could also be a possible reason ?.