Vista downgrade to XP professional problem

Closed
mani - Mar 19, 2009 at 11:15 AM
 mo_truble - Jul 1, 2009 at 02:47 PM
Hello,

When I was trying to downgrade my brand new desktop HP a6747c from vista to XP professional, I was getting this error:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0X00000000) "

I read thru the threads in this forum and built an XP CD using nLite by including SATA INF iaAHCI.inf for intel ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA. Now when I put this CD in the dvd drive and restart my desktop, the CD is not getting recognized! I also set the boot priority to CD-group in the bios setup, but for some reason, it doesn't boot up from this CD. Anyone can provide some help to solve this problem? I spent lot of time with this and getting no where! I would really appreciate it very much if someone can help me to solve this problem! Thanks very much.
Related:

3 responses

estelle58 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 2
Mar 20, 2009 at 04:00 AM
hi,
you need to go to the BIOS and set ACPI to IDE.
then only you will be ablt to install XP.
you need to set the boot from cd as first boot option as well.
Hi estelle58,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I changed the SATA setting to IDE in the BIOS and also set the boot priority to CD-ROM, but still it doesn't boot from CD. I got some help from a friend of mine who wiped out the vista using Linux installation. Even after this, trying to boot from XP CD throws this virus error:

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0X00000000) "

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
hI ,Mani
Xp does no recognize sata drivers from a cd or dvd disk , you must use a floppy diskette(usb external floppy drive works well --about $25 dollars) download the sata drivers from hp site - you must know which exact type sata driver you need then put onto the floppy disk. Now how to do it -- Step 1. Set your computer bios to boot from cd/dvd then floppy then hard disk- in that order. Boot off the xp cd and press f6 key when it asks if you need to load any additional drivers. The system will prompt you to load the floppy - load it press enter.
You will now be asked to choose one from a list of drivers(6-9) -- you must choose the right one for your computer. The system will continue to load off the cd and floppy disk -- do not remove the floppy disk until you are told the system will restart in 15 seconds. the system will restart and let it load setup from the hard disk now(do not touch the keyboard upon restart- or it will try to run from the cd again). Setup is now running off the hard disk and you wiil be prompted for input as needed. Xp should load and then restart again. When xp loads check the Device Manage to see if all devices (modem, sound,video,etc) are recognized (you may have to download the correct drivers from hp)Good Luck (Do not load service pack 3 its pure crap)