Office-Word is messing up, or...?

Closed
Theusernameenterednotavailable. Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 19, 2015 - Feb 19, 2015 at 04:41 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 20, 2015 at 04:52 AM
For the last five months as I type a document, random letters are appearing in the words. These are not self-made typos, (I thought it at first) they are random, often next or close to thed letter to which they are added on the keyboard - but not necessarily, (before or after).
I thought that I was losing my mind or my sight - or both, but it is not the case. (Had both checkred) I reinstalled the "Word" part of offive 2010 but without result. I even suspected my eyboard so I bought a new one (Logitech 800) in the hope of a cure: no change. I use it hard wsired although it has WiFi capability. I am at a loss as to what is happening here. Has anyone experienced this or heard of someone who has had that problem?
This is happening anywhere, in a Word document, in an email, online as here, although itis worse if I am in a Word document as opposed to online writing.
When I started to write here, I corrected the inclusions and then I decided not to. Still, I wanted the note to be rreadable so I did slow down the typing speed.
Just looking at it, it could be attributed to sloppy typing but since I slowed down to a snail pace, this is almost physically impossible to achieve unless created voluntarily!
Also, I have small fingers (size 6 glove) so using 2 keys accidentally is not an option.

I know, spell check can take care of that BUT it is getting me down because I think that I am either losing my mind or I have been jinxed.
Any help please?
Thank you in advance.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 19, 2015 at 04:56 PM
Is this a laptop?
Theusernameenterednotavailable.
Feb 20, 2015 at 01:09 AM
No it is not a laptop but a full tower, that is why I bought a new KB in the hope that the first one was the problem, but it was not.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Feb 20, 2015 at 04:52 AM
The issue may be caused by a virus

I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message, ignore it.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).