Explorerframe.dll is missing

Closed
RobinValentine Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2015 - Apr 6, 2015 at 04:16 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 7, 2015 at 01:23 PM
Hello, when I start my computer everything runs fine until I put in my password, then a message pops up saying "The program can't start because EXPLORERFRAME.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Then the whole screen goes black and stays that way. How do I fix this? The problem was caused by malware and I cannot start the computer in safe mode.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 7, 2015 at 01:23 PM
You may not be able to fix your damaged system without reinstalling Windows, but you can try this:
From Task Manager on the Applications tab click 'new task'. Click browse and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Locate the cmd.exe file and right click it, choose 'run as administrator'. Click continue at the UAC prompt. From the command line, run 'sfc /scannow' to have the system validate the system file set, it should replace missing or damaged files. When complete, restart the system by running 'shutdown -r' from the command line.

If this doesn't work I would then try a "Repair" operation from the Windows DVD.

Good Luck