Complicatied find and copy cells to new sheet macro help

Closed
Ratratty Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015 - Apr 7, 2015 at 08:03 PM
MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 - Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Hi I am new to excel macros and trying to sort out a large sporting club file. Basically what I want to do is copy all player information from team "X" to a new sheet with the same team name and save as a separate cvs with the sheet name as the file name. (the team name) Which I then import into another program for team management. I have over 2400 players and 170 teams I'd rather not do this manually. I have the different team names in column A. (A2 to A172) I want the macro to find what is in Cell A2 then A3 then A4 etc copy the name of that cell find all players with that team name in (Column J) and copy the row and all there information to a new sheet with that team name then save it as a separate cvs file. I hope that makes some sort of sense. Even If I can get this as a 2 part process where it creates a new sheet with a team name and the player information. Then another macro that saves each sheet as a cvs that would be awesome :) Thanks in advance

1 response

MaxStart Posts 339 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 3, 2015 69
Apr 7, 2015 at 10:17 PM
this is not as complicated as it contains a lot of details, but please try to look around kioskea and see some examples and start building your basic structure on a piece of paper first.
VBA Copy sheet to new Excel File + automated manual data entry