Browsers don't respond

Closed
Strawbabydimple - Apr 27, 2015 at 04:01 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Apr 27, 2015 at 04:58 PM
Hello,
Okay, I need help with my browsers/internet. I was downloading avg and ad aware then next thing I know it says I have malware so I have avg 2015 try to fix the problem. Everything seemed okay but now none of my browsers are responsive and I can't uninstall avg either. Note I'm using my phone because I can't access any website on my computer at all. Please help me out if you can. Thanks! I am using windows 7 by the way.

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Apr 27, 2015 at 04:58 PM
Hi Strawbabydimple,

The virus could have changed the ip address of your computer so the computer appears to your router to be on a different network to that which your router thinks it is on.

To address this and hopefully get you back on line try the following:

1 - Open Internet Explorer
2 - Click on the Settings icon (it looks like a cog) in the top right hand corner.
3 - Choose "Internet Options".
4 - When the Internet Options box opens click on the "Connections" tab.
5 - Click in the "LAN settings" button.
6 - In the box that opens click on the "Automatically Detect Settings" box so there is a tick in it. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer you have there may also be a box to use a proxy server. Untick this box.
7 - Click on "OK" buttons to accept any changes until they are all closed.
8 - Restart Internet Explorer.

Hopefully you are good to go.

Let me know how you get on.