Business facebook account

Closed
1005am Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2015 - May 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 6, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Hello, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I moderate my company's facebook page and recently i was blocked from loggin in. It said that i had to change it from a personal page to a public page. We have been doing a lot of marketing lately, so I assume that was the tip off to fb.
After following the prompts, it asked for a admin, which had to be an existing facebook account. I linked to my personal page, but I really don't want it to be linked.
Can a business Facebook page stand on it's own, or will it always need a personal facebook profile to run it? (the email addresses are different)
I tried to start a new page, but it came up 'email address is attached to disabled account.'
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Richard

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 6, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Hi Richard

Kioskea has a Facebook page. Facebook is not free for businesses who market their products.
From your personal FB page, you must be named as administrator to the business page.
From your personal page you should be able to switch from one account to the other. (Top right corner)
To answer your question, a business page cannot stand on it's own, administrators must be named and those administrators must have a personal account.

Good luck