I have a new client that is using a cloud Exchange server and are being charged an outrageous amount per month for 25 email addresses. We are going to move their domain to someone like Godaddy and have POP3 accounts.
My question is since I do not have admin rights to the Exchange server, what program will truly allow me to copy the OST file that they have on their PCs over to a PST file so we can do POP accounts?
If your OST file is not corrupted i.e. if it is opening in the working condition, then you can follow the method which will freely convert your OST file to PST file.
1) Open MS outlook.
2) Click on File Menu
3) In Outlook 2013 or below, select the option “Import and Export”, In Outlook 2016, Click on Open & export.
4) Click on Import/Export.
5) Select an action “Export to a file”. Click Next.
6) In Create a file of type section, select Outlook Data File(.pst). Click Next.
7) In select the folder to export from, select the root folder which usually have your email ID. (Note: Always check on Include subfolders). Click Next.
8) In Save exported file as, select the path where you want to save your PST file.
9) From Options, we recommend choose “Do not export duplicate items”.
10) Click on Finish to get your converted PST file.
If your OST file is corrupted or you are unable to use your mails on outlook, then there might be possibility that you need third party software to convert it. I suggest you to read following content which will give you an idea about the top most OST to PST Converter software.