Lotus notes 8.5 fixup

Solved/Closed
kaydenwatson Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 24, 2015 - May 24, 2015 at 08:08 AM
tellisolheim Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2015 - Jul 28, 2015 at 01:38 PM
so I'm new to lotus notes, and this question is probably over kill since I am just a user, and don't administer the server, but in another questions it was suggested to try running fixup. so I started googleing fixup and found this statement

"Keep in mind that after you set up transaction logging, Fixup is not needed or used to bring databases back to a consistent state."

so I can't help but wonder why you wouldn't need something to fix a corrupted database if transaction logging is set? this suggests that transaction logging keeps databases from becoming corrupt. is that what transaction logging does? if so how?
Related:

2 responses

tellisolheim Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 28, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2015 1
Jul 28, 2015 at 01:38 PM
harperross Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2015
Jun 29, 2015 at 10:01 AM
1. Copy the NSF file into a new local location that has Lotus Notes
2. Using the Command prompt go to Lotus Notes home. (i.e. c:\lotus\notes )
3. Run the following commands:
(Enter the user's Notes password if prompted)
3a. nfixup.exe <filename>.nsf
3b. ncompact.exe -c <filename>.nsf
4. Once the file has been fixed and compacted. Rename the original NSF in source (i.e. _bkup or _currupt) to distinguish the corrupt version from the fixed one.
5. Add the fixed NSF to source and process in Clearwell as needed.
6. Also there is one more methods to get back .nsf file via following thread Deleted by moderator