JDBC and MS Office Access

Closed
Ron - 27 Mar 2009 à 13:01
 Khayalethu - 6 Apr 2009 à 07:05
Hello,
I am testing JDBC Java application on Windows XP that has no Office "Access" installed.
I get "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" and the
java application fails.

Do I need Access installed to test JDBC application? Thanks, Ron
Related:

2 responses

cluelessgeek Posts 15 Registration date Monday 29 December 2008 Status Member Last seen 18 June 2009 11
28 Mar 2009 à 03:45
you need access to test the application.
install it.
What database do you want to link your java class with? The are different JDBC. If you are using MSQL then you need JDBC that will link with your java class. If you are using Acess you need to go to administrative tools on your control panel you choose data sources ODBC then you choose your driver there.