Copy info macro

Closed
saleh - Jun 22, 2015 at 08:48 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jun 23, 2015 at 08:47 AM
Hello,
I need a macro that can copy specific information based on specific criteria, and to be pasted into new sheets. so for an example i need all the information that belongs to john, max, and ahmed. i need the macro to be able to copy each name with the information that belongs to that name into a new sheet.

Please help me thank you

2 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 22, 2015 at 09:56 PM
Hello Saleh,

Its not totally clear what you are trying to do.

Are you saying that you have an "Input" sheet with varying names in one column (say Column A), a number of data columns (say Columns B:H) with data relating to the name in Column A and then each row of data associated with a particular name transferred to individual sheets named after each individual in Column A?

The best way for someone to be able to help you would be if you uploaded a sample of your work book clearly showing your inputs and expected results. You can upload a sample using a free file sharing site such as DropBox or ge.tt
Be careful with any sensitive data.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
hello Cheerio,
Yes thats exactly what im trying to do, so i have 6 sheets the first sheet has the Sales executives names and 5 other sheets each sheet is 1 period (1 month of data) i need the macro to go to the first sheet take the first name and filter the 5 other sheets based on that name and copy all the filtered data into one new sheet and do the process over and over again for the rest of the names.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 23, 2015 at 08:47 AM
Hello Saleh,

I'm begining to see the picture but please upload a sample as per my post #1.
Thank you.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.