Black screen on PC

Closed
nickmen64 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 27, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2015 - Jun 27, 2015 at 09:26 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jul 2, 2015 at 08:40 AM
Hello,
Hi im having the same problem whit mi Compaq presario cq-57 i tried everithing when i conect the external monitor it goês to power saving mode but i dont have any image on my PC monitor or the ohter.
PLS help its so boring whithout my PC.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jul 1, 2015 at 07:35 AM
Hello nickmen64,

I think the problem that you have may be due to faulty video chip. Probably it has been unsoldered after much of a usage and less cooling. This chip called North Bridge is responsible for video signal processing and that's the most likely reason for your black screen. If your laptop is out of warranty, you could open it and try to check the thermic paste, or you could bring your laptop to a technician to get it soldered again if you're unsure how to do that.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD
Many tanks i dont know how to do that i will try to go to a thecnician. What i did to have that problem is that i smacked the PC whit my and then it turned off right after the smack and the screen is always black. I dont know if it helps to discover the problem.
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > Eduardo
Jul 2, 2015 at 08:40 AM
Hi again,

You might have severe issues with your laptop display since you said you hit it. I don't know what have you hit it with but my suggestion now would be to pull out the hard drive to see whether it will work on another PC and try to connect it via SATA-USB cable. If it's not recognized there, the possibility that your hard drive is broken is very big.
If it works on the other place, try to make a backup of everything that is on it and probably your motherboard and/or LCD display should be replaced.

Best of luck.

KY_WD