PDFCreator won't open .ps files [Closed]

-
 A -
Hello,

I downloaded PDFCreator so I could look at some postscript files, but it won't open any of them. PDF Architect just says the file is unsupported. It isn't my files because an online converter does it without a problem, but since I already have PDFCreator, I'd like to figure out how to use it! I tried printing to PDFCreator, as well, but that just changes the file to .prn and my computer really doesn't know what to do with that.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Anonymous
Last seen
November 19, 2020
Greetings,

During the installation of the pdf creator, you had to check the box Associate .PS to PDF Converter
Double click on the .ps file to convert it to PDF
Open the PDF using Acrobat Reader

Good luck
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Anonymous
Last seen
November 19, 2020
9,176 > Brooke
Sorry I don't know.

But there is a shareware called PostScript viewer, that whenever you click on a PS file it will change to pdf. Here is a link for that software
Registration date
Monday November 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 16, 2015
> Brooke
hi brooke,

did you have luck to check that Associate .PS to PDF converter check box during installation? I too face the same issue
>
Registration date
Monday November 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
November 16, 2015

No, I was never able to find a check box that said that XP I still can't view postscript files on my laptop, I just use my work computer instead.
there wasn't a box to check to associate .PS to PDF converter when I installed either...
Writing to confirm there is no check box during the download to convert .PS to PDF.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!