Auto populating from one spreadsheet to another

Closed
bsbnz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2015 - Jul 14, 2015 at 07:22 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jul 16, 2015 at 06:32 AM
HI there, this is my first question and I am hoping someone can help me please.

I am setting up a database in excel and I am an basic to intermediate user. But very quick to learn and know my way around a computer.

Anyway setting up a customer database in excel and I want to know how to auto populate data from my master datebase to automatically go into another spreadsheet (that is tabbed below). Eg. if I have a HOT BUYER column and I type Hot buyer in that column - can I auto populate all the information on that person (eg. name, address etc) into the HOT Buyer spreadsheet? Or do I have to cut and paste every time?

I will have multiple columns and spreadsheets that I will need to do this form

Thank you in advance.
Related:

2 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jul 15, 2015 at 08:02 AM
Hello bsbnz,

I have a fair idea of what you are attempting to do and no you won't have to cut and paste each time!

Basically you are wanting to take data from a "Master" work sheet and segregate that data into individual work sheets depending on a certain criteria in one of the columns in the "Master" sheet all in the same work book.

Please upload a sample of what you have in the work book that you are creating (be careful with any sensitive data). You can upload a sample by using a free file sharing site such as DropBox or ge.tt

Someone should then be able to help you.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
bsbnz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2015
Jul 16, 2015 at 03:24 AM
Hi Sorry I don't know how to upload it to this page to get help.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jul 16, 2015 at 06:32 AM
Hello bsbnz,

You'll need to sign up with one of the file sharing sites (its free!), upload your sample to the file sharing site and, once uploaded, you will have the option of sharing your work book. Copy the link and paste it to this forum.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.