A Network Cable is unplugged [Solved/Closed]

gards - Apr 1, 2009 at 07:37 AM - Latest reply:  Jj
- Nov 20, 2016 at 02:51 PM
Hello, yesterday this message popped up and is annoying me! Anyway here is the situation, my laptop which is a mac that connects via airport connects to my internet wirelessly without any problems. However, my Windows PC shows the error message 'Local Are Connection 4 a network cable is unplugged'. Now everything is plugged in properly so what can I do to fix this problem? Any ideas would be amazing. Thank you
See more 

9 replies

Best answer
Thank you
I Facing Same Problem.I use this trik & my Problem resolved

Thank you, Anand 14

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1671 users this month

Thank you
Start > right-click on 'Computer' > Manage > Device Manager > open network adapters, right click and open properties on your adapter > advanced tab > look for 'Link Speed & Duplex' and change value to '100Mbps Full Duplex
This worked, thank you.
Jeff 17999 Posts Monday February 15, 1999Registration dateModeratorStatus April 26, 2018 Last seen - Apr 1, 2009 at 07:44 AM
Thank you
Have a look at this, it may also help you :
http://ccm.net/faq/sujet 1408 quot a network cable is unplugged quot
Thank you
* Media State Disconnected
* Ethernet Cable ubplugged

I have had the same problem and spent days scouring Google and trying any suggestion that I could find. Last night I found a post from 2002. It seemed ridiculous but I gave it a shot. PROBLEM SOLVED.

1.) Shut dowm your PC.
2.) Unplug the power cord.
3.) If you have a laptop, remove the battery as well.
4.) Walk away from the problem for at least 30 minutes.
5.) When you return, reconnect battery and power cord.
5.) Start as usual.
6.) If this solves the problem, take 20 minutes and post this to all of those message boards that you didn't find the solution to.

This fix appears to work for any OS/MOBO/NIC.

What causes it? I don't know.

Have a great day! :)
kapow 1 Posts Saturday July 2, 2016Registration date July 2, 2016 Last seen - Jul 2, 2016 at 06:28 AM
I signed up to thank you. After looking all over trying other things it worked
Thank you
jus shutdown your pc, pull out the power cord, the monitor cable and the ethernet cable.. leave it as such for 5 mins then reconnect everyting.. this wil work.. works for me most of the time,
the reason for this as far as I know is the incorrect earthing ..that reflects mostly on the ethernet card ...

thanks
Jeff 17999 Posts Monday February 15, 1999Registration dateModeratorStatus April 26, 2018 Last seen - Apr 1, 2009 at 07:40 AM
Thank you
If you don't use it, you might try to deactivate your local area connection (is it the Ethernet one ?) so that it doesn't complain anymore.
Thank you
Having the the same problem, when I contacted my broadband network, they told me I had a corrupt media board, not being computer literate, I don't have a clue to what this is, I feel like he knew less than me, so just said the first thing that came into his head, and believe me I have tried everything that they told me to do. I even undid all the cables and put them back, don;t want to reinstall windows xp as I don't want to lose what is on my computer and don't want to risk putting it on disk in case I lose it anyway, next step, put computer in for repair and see if they can find anything wrong.