How do I recover a corrupt PowerPoint 2013 presentation?

Closed
semenmalich Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2015 - Aug 25, 2015 at 04:25 PM
lizanolse3 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2015 - Aug 26, 2015 at 07:37 PM
Basically, I have three separate presentations with the same problem and I have read the other thread regarding this and have tried to load the presentation up through Open Office and this has failed. Does anyone else have any ideas as these are extremely important to me!!!

F.Y.I - When I open the file within Open Office, it loads up a load of hashes in the writer function of the program.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,176
Aug 25, 2015 at 04:29 PM
Are those presentations with the same ppt 2013 version?
lizanolse3 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 at 07:37 PM
Hii..

There are different methods available to recover corrupted PPT.

Method 1:
Move the PowerPoint to different location : this is first and very useful troubleshooting method to repair PPT problems . Copy presentation and paste it on other computer hard.

Method 2: Open presentation in MS word document:
If you have tried above method, but still facing same problem then try to open corrupt PowerPoint in MS Word. Follow this below steps:
  • Open MS Word.
  • Click on Open button of File menu.
  • Select Files of type box and navigate to your corrupt file, Open it.

Method 3: Use Safe Mode
To see your presentation in safe mode, first of all you will have to run PowerPoint in safe mode. Follow these steps to do it...
  • Click on Start button.
  • Select Run & type "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\your MS office version\Powerpnt.exe" /safe".
  • Now press OK button.
  • Restart your system, during restart press & hold F8 button to start window in safe mode.
  • Open & see your presentation.