CD drive malfuction?!

Closed
Sabina - Apr 2, 2009 at 05:07 PM
 Saviour - Mar 11, 2010 at 06:00 AM
Hello,

i bought an ASUS G1Sn-B1 laptop last August, it has Vista x64, and about 3 months ago my Blu-ray/disc drive stopped working, but not quite. As i type, Nero is burning a CD using the drive, but when i go to My Computer, i don't see the drive. the drive opens fine, and the discs spin when i put them in, but nothing happens on the computer. it's annoying because i can't play any games or anything that requires a disc drive, but for some reason, Nero still has the drive on it's list, and it still burns discs.

so, when i put a disc in, the light comes on, and i can hear the disc spinning, but eventually it stops, with absolutly nothing occuring on my desktop. i can't go to my computer and open it there because the drive isn't there! aaarg.

What can i do? in device manager, i see it, and it says that it is working properly, and i updated the drivers for it, but still no luck...

i took a picture of my screen with more info, you can see it here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Sab.Wiggin/Help#5320217626941551490

Thanks for helping me! ^^ i truly appreciate it
Related:

8 responses

Hi I have a LG Super Multi DVD Drive Model GSA-41678 on XP, suddenly it stopped recognizing my blank DVD’s and CD’s when you put a blank disk XP ask you what you want to do with it that no longer appears. I’m using Nero which also which also doesn’t recognize my blanks.
I bought a DVD cleaner – no good
Formatted my XP –problems still continues.
Bought a new DVD burner and still there.
The truth is that I’ve never seen this problem and I’m stuck can anyone give a real solution.
Thanks
acedavid70 Posts 6 Registration date Monday February 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2009
Apr 3, 2009 at 06:57 AM
hi,
i guess it is still on warranty.
so, contact your service provider for support.
they said that i should re-install windows: which would wipe all of my hard drives...
are there any other solutions possible?
pontidiario > Sabina
Jan 27, 2010 at 08:46 AM
Hi I had a similar problem and finally discovered that my power supply was failing changing it and my computer recognized my DVD burners and all my dvd’s
hi. my sony dvd r/w writes dvd & cd files and also read cd files but it donot read dvd files plz help me thanks
Hi I have a LG Super Multi DVD Drive Model GSA-41678 on XP, suddenly it stopped recognizing my blank DVD’s and CD’s when you put a blank disk XP ask you what you want to do with it that no longer appears. I’m using Nero which also which also doesn’t recognize my blanks.
I bought a DVD cleaner – no good
Formatted my XP –problems still continues.
Bought a new DVD burner and still there.
The truth is that I’ve never seen this problem and I’m stuck can anyone give a real solution.
Thanks

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I am facing troubles with my CD drive, I get an error "Please insert disk" even if the disk is loaded.I tried the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer ,idea and I Named the new value as NoCDBurning, and assign the value data to 1,however its still not accepting the disk which I load it still gives the same error "Please insert disk".I just bought some new collection of games and movies and I eagerly want use them but damn drive wont load any of my disks even original Cds.
Help me!! Please :(
hello, guys, could you please help me to fix my cd/dvd drive, when i insert a dvd it doesn't appear a video, it only appears like automatically, and suddenly disappeared, then the dvd that i played it stopped working, and when i open windows media player, it doesn't come out and also windows media center, and also autoplay, please help me.What can i do about it? My computer is windows vista.Or e-mail me gio_18_gal@yahoo.com..thank you
I have a sony viao desktop, running win-xp.
I know theres a way to fix this problem b/c it still plays cd's.
Yes I could spend $100 to fix it but that is not why i'm on this website.
Please respond if you might have a legitimate solution. I just want to watch a stinkin movie!
i can't read/write anything with my dvd rw not even from boot sequence. it dell vestro 1000. the model is TSSTcorp_DVD+-RW_TS-L632H DW30. please help me.