About my network security key

Closed
Ivanvandetta Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 27, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2015 - Aug 27, 2015 at 07:04 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 27, 2015 at 07:25 PM
Hi. I have a problem here! A big problem.

I am humbly and desperately seeking assistance regarding my wireless network security key. I once set it on my VAIO Sony laptop without even knowing what I was really doing. Since then I hadn't really realised the kind of mistake I had done seeing I was using the LAN cable for internet connection. It is after a very long time of about 3 months when I realised I cannot login through wireless(wi-fi and wi-fi hotspot) without this network key. Problen is, I have forgotten it and it is getting to my nerves. Please help me recover or reset or whatever, as long I can see and change it

I am so desperate I even tried resetting the whole PC, too bad I didn't have the external hard drive.

Your help will highly be appreciated
THANK YOU.

PS: I am currently using windows 8 and a 64bit processor
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 27, 2015 at 07:25 PM
You can reset the router to its default ID and password using the "reset switch" located on the back of most modems. Google the name of your router with the words "default password" to find what the default password is. Then again Google the name of your router to find instruction on how to log into the route a set you own ID and password. You will probably need to be connected by cable to rest the codes.

Good Luck