September 18, 2015
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
-
I had not given password protection for my unit of WD My Passport 1TB, Model No.WDBBEP0010BBK. Whenever I used it, My Passport used to open automatically. Then I had left it unused for some time. But when I connected it to my PC again, the main drive where I stored data did not open, only WD Unlocker opened, and asked for password. As I had not put any password myself, i didn't know what to do. The password hint prompted for default password which also I didn't know. Kindly help me to open my WD My Passprt as I had put a lot of family data in it.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday September 1, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 20, 2017
Hi Aluva,

I am sorry for the issues with your My Passport. Are you absolutely sure that nobody set a password to that drive? Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass the My Passport password. Some users report that if the password requirement appears because of some kind of drive corruption, logging as a guest or using another cable or another computer may help you. There is no 100% guarantee that this will work but it is worth the shot.

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=TS8USf - if you need further technical assistance, please contact the WD support.

Hope this helps and you will find a way to save your data

Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Wednesday September 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 18, 2015

Thank you for your advice. I'll try it. But in the meantime can you please tell me the default password for My Passport?
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 1, 2021
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but CCM cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove that you are the legitimate owner. . Everyday computers and hardware are stolen, although you may be honest, we do not wish to help potential criminals.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords
Best regards