Black screen after win xp loads

Closed
mohammadaljobeh Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 3, 2015 - Oct 3, 2015 at 07:47 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 5, 2015 at 05:04 AM
hello >>> im having a problem with my pc and its like this :
my system just crashed due to a missing file from the folder system 32 . i repaired it with the xp cd .i have 3 hard disks installed and a very old motherboard . it only has 32mb of graphics . before the crash i was able to boot windows normally but now it only boots if i take out a certain (slave) hard disk ;otherwise it boots into black screen after the winxp logo .i tried that same hard disk on another computer and it works just fine.
i tried to uninstall/reinstall the video card /reset the motherboard battery /changing power and data cables /changing the jumper sitting ___with no difference . now what should i try ? please help ... thank you in advance.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 5, 2015 at 05:04 AM
Hi Mohammadalobeh,

Have you tried putting that hard drive in the place of another one, while booting from the primary drive. It should be clear if the problem comes from the hard drive or from the motherboard or the motherboard port. Is doing a clean Windows installation an option? Are all the hard drives correctly listed in BIOS?

Hope this helps