Memory stick shows empty folders on tv

Closed
claire - Nov 3, 2015 at 05:07 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Nov 3, 2015 at 09:09 AM
Hello,

I have a samsung flash stick. It plays perfectly on my computor but when I try it on my Tv the folders show but they are all empty. please assist. I am a grandmother so please be simple!
thanks
claire

Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Nov 3, 2015 at 09:09 AM
Hey there, Claire.

Having in mind the TV recognizes the flash drive and that there are folders in it, the most probable cause for the TV not to see the files is that it might not support the file types you have on that pen drive. For example, there are different video file types - .avi, .mkv, .mp4 and many more. E.g. your TV might support (play) .avi files, but not play the other types. I think this is somewhat understandable, but don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions whatsoever.
I'd recommend that you contact your TV manufacturer's customer support and ask for info on which file types are supported by your TV.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative