One of on my monitors won't display anything.

Closed
Abby - Nov 3, 2015 at 01:24 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 3, 2015 at 03:16 PM
Hello,

Just recently I came back to my computer after going to class and found that one of my monitors is blank. I have three monitors all running off of a Nvidia geforce gtx 660 card. Everything has been working fine for the past year. My other two monitors still work fine, the monitor that went blank wasn't discolored or showing any signs of wear. It displays a green light so I'm assuming it's still getting power. My computer still acts as though it's attached (I can drag windows over to the blank screen). I've checked all the cables and even plugged everything back in. I've also restarted my computer and it's still blank. I've also updated my graphic card's drivers.

I think it's possible the graphics card was overheating, the other day I got a warning saying my cpu was at 85.0 to 86.0 centigrade, but I usually don't receive this warning, I thought it was only because I was editing some videos and using a lot of power. I finished editing yesterday so my computer hasn't been doing much as of late. As of right now my cpu is in the low 40's and my gpu is around 46.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Nov 3, 2015 at 03:16 PM
Did you connect the blank monitor to a working video cable to see if the monitor still works?