Get other cells value

Closed
BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 - Nov 22, 2015 at 09:16 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Nov 24, 2015 at 09:37 PM
Hello,

I am stuck in a formula and I cannot solve it. Please I need help.
I am making a survey on excel, and I need the result for a whole month to be posted for all people. Here where I am at:

1- First I have 6 choices to be chosen from in sheet 1 and I got the result to Sheet 2 after pressing a button. Please see picture 1 through this dropbox link.

2- The YELLOW part shown in the picture 2 is the values got from sheet 1.
Every time the YELLOW part is updated, I need the GREEN part to be auto updated and keep adding down the row for the whole month. Please see picture 2.

I inserted the following code in VBA --> sheet 2:

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim KeyCells As Range
Dim goout As Boolean

goout = False
xrow = 1
Set KeyCells = Range("A1:F1")
If Not Application.Intersect(KeyCells, Range(Target.Address)) _
Is Nothing Then
xcolumn = Range(Target.Address).Column
Do
If Cells(xrow, xcolumn + 10).Value = "" Then
Cells(xrow, xcolumn + 10).Value = Cells(1, xcolumn).Value
goout = True
Else
xrow = xrow + 1
End If
Loop Until goout = True
End If
End Sub

If I update the YELLOW part manually, it will work fine and the GREEN part will auto update.
If I assign the code to an APPLY BUTTON in Sheet 1, the YELLOW part update but the GREEN part do not.

Thank you so much again for your help and time.

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Nov 24, 2015 at 09:37 PM
on change works with manual changes. The formula change will not trigger it
You should do both task at the same time, meaning populate the yellow and green at the same time via macro