Black screen w movable mouse cursor

Closed
Sant1ag0 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 22, 2015 - Nov 22, 2015 at 02:28 PM
Sant1ag0 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 22, 2015 - Nov 22, 2015 at 03:05 PM
hi, my laptop is having the above problem, safe mode & safe mode w command prompt produces the same screen. the only way i could go to command prompt is through repair computer via f8. ctrl alt del, sticky keys, windows logo + ??? does not produce anything. i dont know if windows is running as i have disabled sound effects. i have no restore points or image of hdd. although i could see that my data is still there, c became d & d became e. i dont know how to see if the taskbar is at the second monitor as suggested in the forums.

please help
Related:

1 response

BashirYazbik Posts 58 Registration date Monday November 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2015 14
Nov 22, 2015 at 02:55 PM
Sant1ago,

The first question for you: do you have proper security installed on your computer?

If no you need first of all to download an antivirus and an anti-malware. You can download from both of them are for free. Malware and viruses nowadays are so sophisticated.

If yes, and you do NOT have important files on your laptop, the easiest way that I suggest to fix most of the problems is to do a recovery out of the box. When did you buy your laptop? If it has been a while, it is time to do a recovery. It is a refresher for your laptop.
Sant1ag0 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 22, 2015
Nov 22, 2015 at 03:05 PM
i have security essentials installed & automatically updated. i scan my laptop every week. i only download from utorrent & always scanned finished files. my laptop is old & i did a recovery just this week. a power failure while i was booting started the problem. i removed the battery whenever i use power outlet.