Black screen

Closed
megseeyore Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 7, 2015 - Dec 7, 2015 at 08:34 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Dec 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. When I try to turn it on the Dell logo comes up, an indicator spins as if it's loading, then a Dell error screen pops up and disappears. It's so fast I can't even read it. The it says it's doing a system repair but the screen just goes black and nothing seems to happen.
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Dec 7, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Hello megseeyore,

After the screen goes black when trying to repair the system, do the fan and the hard drive continue to spin or the laptop shuts itself down? Have you got a repair CD of your operating system? If you do, I suggest you to repair your laptop with it.
If you don't, then try to boot your Dell in Safe mode and if it allows you enter the Command prompt, please enter the following command:
sfc /scannow
Then press Enter and wait a couple of minutes for the system to be repaired.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted what happened. Good luck.